[ABANDONED] V6.16e breaks IAR EWARM 7.70

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] V6.16e breaks IAR EWARM 7.70

I'm using IAR EWARM 7.70 and I get the following error after my probe (V9.3) was flashed following a J-Link update (release V6.16e)...

Error while compiling J-Link script file: Error while compiling. Line 46, column 3: __int64 v; // We need 35 bits: 32 data, 2 bit addr, 1 bit RnW Syntax error

Uninstalling 6.16e didn't make the problem go away and now I am stuck. Any suggestions?

-rob

--update - I borrowed another probe and refused the firmware update but got the same error message in IAR. Evidently this isn't an issue with the hw.

-- -- update - Re-installed EWARM. Will not update J-Link ever again.
    Images
    • segger_error.jpg

18.46 kB, 449×153, viewed 325 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by rmilne ().

• Hi Rob,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the new J-Link software.

As you have already deducted, this is not an issue with EWARM, the J-Link hardware or firmware, but of the J-Link script file parsing of the J-Link software.
    Is this a custom script file you wrote yourself or is it a script which is executed when selecting a specific device?

What is the selected target device in IAR EWARM?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.