Problems with SetOrientation() after upgrading from STemWin from 5.22 to 5.32

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Problems with SetOrientation() after upgrading from STemWin from 5.22 to 5.32

Hi,

im working on an stm32f429I-Disc1 Evaluation Board with IAR 8.11.1
    For starting with emWin i used the corresponding examplecode from ST (en.stsw-stm32138 / STM32F429I-Discovery_FW_V1.0.1) "Demonstration" bases on STemwin 5.22 and modified it.
    I simply Display some Pictues and Text with 90* Rotation using GUI_SetOrientation(GUI_MIRROR_X | GUI_SWAP_XY);

This worked for me well, but now i upgraded the STemWin Lib from 5.22 to 5.32 and GUI_SetOrientation stopped working.

the GUI_SetOrientation-Function returns "1" (error)
    i read in this case mostly there isnt enought memory.
    i increased the #define GUI_NUMBYTES from (1024 * 126) to (1024 * 170) and the GUI_SetOrientation-Function returns "0" (ok)

But still there is no rotation performed.
    is this an known issus and is there an existing workarround?

regards Fabian
  • Facing the same problem on STM32756G-EVAL2 Board

Dear Support Team,
    Greetings for the Day.....!!!

I am working onto STM32756G-EVAL2 Board, the Display Size is 640*480 and the STemWin Version is 5.32.

I wanted to change the orientation of the Screen into Portrait Mode. So I tried both the ways provided into the Documentation.

First i tried with GUI_SetOrientation(GUI_SWAP_XY |GUI_MIRROR_Y), each time this function returned 1. Default Memory Allocation was #define GUI_NUMBYTES (1024) * 150 . I Changed it to #define GUI_NUMBYTES (1024) * 250 but the function still returned 1.

So i tried the second way, I changed the #define DISPLAY_DRIVER_0 GUIDRV_LIN_32 to GUIDRV_LIN_OSY_32, here is got some benefit but it was not useful.
    Here i was able to properly see the screen into portrait mode, only when physical Size of Screen is kept as 640*640 or 480*480.
    If i Change the Screen Size to 480*640 or 640*480 then there is garbage on the screen.
    And the Most amazing part is, if I Draw an Image into portrait mode using GUI_JPEG_Draw() or GUI_BMP_Draw(), then i Could see that image properly.

Please provide us the solution.

Regards,
    Rohit .