J-Link ARM V4.08k Error

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link ARM V4.08k Error

I am using the J-Link ARM Flash SDK

Most of the time, it works just fine, but occasionally I received the following error:
    "
    Read memory error @ address 0x00010000, word access: Memory access timeout.
    Verification failed. Count not read target memory."

If I try again, immediately after this error, a messagebox comes up stating the following over and over again, if dismissed.

"PID00001F1C (My Software Name.vshost): Lock count error
    (increment)
    JLINKARM_FLASH_Verify
    JLINKARM_GetDeviceFamily
    JLINKARM_FLASH_EraseRequired
    JLINKARM_GetDeviceFamily"

I can get it to flash again if I disconnect and reconnect the USB cable and restart the application.
    1. Any idea what is going on?
    2. Is there a listing of the errors / causes and possible resolutions for J-Link Flash SDK API?

Thanks,
    Eric
  • Hi Eric,

We are not aware of such a behavior.

A bit more information would be useful:
    Which device are you working with (Core and Device description)?
    Could you please post a small sample application, written in C-Code which can be used to reproduce the problem?

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.

Hi Alex,

NXP LPC2148
    The code is not far off from the samples.
    A C# class wraps this C++ .NET library (main .cpp / .h file attached)
    JLink-ARM-KS ver 6.0.

The higher level code essentially:
    1. Writes test firmware
    2. Executes tests
    3. Writes production firmware
    4. Turns off external programmable power supply powering the board.
    5. Repeat w/new Board.

This failure is in #1, after it has already run through one complete cycle already.

Questions:
    1. Is there a listing of the errors / causes and possible resolutions for J-Link Flash SDK API?
    2. When removing and restoring power to the board the JLink is connected to, should anything special be done?
    3. Are there any handles that .NET could be holding onto that should be taken into account in Dispose()? .. Is there any API to be called other than "Close"?

Here is the console log:

Core does not stop after Reset, setting WP to stop it.JTAG speed set to 1000 kHz.
    Setting flash bank for NXP LPC2148.

Loading data file "C:\Projects\PRJ10002_TestFixtures\VarianTestFixture\VarianTestFixture\bin\Debug\Modules\ModFtQFP310\testfw.hex"...
    131072 bytes loaded.
    Erasing required sectors...
    CPU clock frequency: 60104 kHz (Auto detected) ... O.K. - Completed after 5.756 sec
    Programming...
    CPU clock frequency: 60104 kHz (Auto detected) ... O.K. - Completed after 3.292 sec
    Verifying...
    CPU clock frequency: 60104 kHz (Auto detected)
    ERROR: Read memory error @ address 0x00010000, word access: Memory access timeout.
    Verification failed. Could not read target memory.
    Files

In addition to my last post...

One likely possibility is that the watchdog timer is barking when the production firmware is loaded and I am attempting to flash.
    How are watchdog timers handled / addressed with JLink Flash typically?

Thanks,
    Eric

Not a watchdog issue... Tried with production code which doesn't use the watchdog... same issue.

So, the questions remain:

1. Is there a listing of the errors / causes and possible resolutions for J-Link Flash SDK API?
    2. When removing and restoring power to the board the JLink is connected to, should anything special be done?
    3. Are there any handles that .NET could be holding onto that should be taken into account in Dispose()? .. Is there any API to be called other than "Close"?
    4. What do these errors mean in the first place?.. what are the typical causes of a memory access error?

Disregard what I said last time.
    It IS a watchdog issue (loaded the wrong bootloader code last time).

How does one disable a watchdog timer for a NXP LPC2148 from the JTAG if the board you are flashing has firmware that enables the watchdog?

Thanks,
    Eric
  • Hi ezimmerman,

if a firmware which enables the watchdog is running on your target,
    the first action after connecting to the target should be performing a reset with reset strategy 9
    "Type 9: Hardware, for NXP LPC MCUs" (for more information see UM08001 5.8 Reset strategies)
    which will reset the CPU and hold it before the application can be performed.
    (Reset pin has to be wired on JTAG interface in order to perform a hardware reset)
    So in this case the firmware does not have a chance to enable the watchdog.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.