Double Invocation of JLink GDB Server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Double Invocation of JLink GDB Server

emIDE V2.20
    JLink V6.61c
    Win 10 Pro

When starting a debug session two invocations of JLinkGDBServer.exe occur. One reports...

"Second debugger connection to the same J-Link detected. J-Link currently uses target interface SWD while current debuger tries to select target interface JTAG. Should interface be changed?"

Odd thing is a first debug session on a freshly installed emIDE goes as expected, that is, a debug session could be conducted.

It is on a second (and subsequent) debug session that the double up occur.

The settings, as far as I can see, are OK.

Workalot.
  • Hi,

Do I understand you correctly, that this happens on each debug session start, even after a PC reboot?
    I can only think of 2 possible causes of this message:
    1) emIDE does not close the first connection correctly, therefore a connection to J-Link is still established at the start of the next debug session
    2) emIDE has a bug where it does open 2 connections at once.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Double Invocation of JLink GDB Server #2

Thank you Niklas,

You understand correctly, even on a reboot the double invocation occurs. My further attempts are...

1) In my haste to test emIDE I used a project developed under emBitz and so the project files for each IDE were in the same folder.

I uninstalled emIDE, rebooted, installd emIDE, and then re-created the project for each IDE but in separate folders.

Result was the same - first debug invocation worked, subsequent sessions didn't.

2) In Project->Properties->Debugger->J-Link GDB Server I unchecked "Automatically Start GDB Server".

On a debug session I get a single invocation of JLinkGDBServer.exe with a succession of warning dialogs, these being

Unknown command line parameter -nx found.
    Unknown command line parameter -fullname found.
    Unknown command line parameter -quiet found.
    Unknown command line parameter -args found.
    Unknown command line parameter ..MyProject/emIDE/bin/Debug/MyProject.elf found.

All very strange indeed mama.

If it would help can I post the project?

Regards,