[ABANDONED] J link gdb server problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J link gdb server problem

Hello guys,
    I try to load my program on my ECU using j link but it says that :

WARNING: CPU could not be halted
    ERROR: Could not connect to target.
    Target connection failed. GDBServer will be closed...Restoring target state and closing J-Link connection...
    Shutting down...
    Could not connect to target.
    Please check power, connection and settings.

but i used the same configuration with a discovery and it works (I've upgraded the st link on the discovery to a j link).
    and thank you for your time
  • Hi,

could you please give J-Link Commander a try?
    J-Link commander is part of the J-Link software package, which is available free of charge here .

• Start J-Link Commander (jlink.exe)
    • Type "connect" in order to start a debug session
    • Type in the target device name if asked (Or type "?" for a target selection Dialog)
    • Choose the correct target interface (JTAG/SWD/etc..)
    • Use a valid speed (Default: 4000kHz, try 100-500 if default does not work)
    • [JTAG only]JTAG conf can be default(most of the times)
    • You should now be successfully connected.
    If anything fails, could you please post a screenshot of the complete session?

What target device do you use?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

Version V5.10u is quite old.
    Could you please give the current version of the J-Link software & documentation pack a try?
    Please provide us with a screenshot of the session if the issue persists.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

as mentioned before, could you please give the most recent J-Link software & documentation pack a try and provide us with a screenshot of J-Link Commander and log files if anything fails?

Log output can be enabled like as follows:
    • Open a connection to J-Link, e.g start J-Link Commander
    • In J-Link Control Panel: (Click the J-Link symbol located in the notification / tray area in order to open J-Link Control panel)
    • Open the tab "Settings"
    • Next to the field "Log file" check "Override" and click "..." in order to choose a log file path.

This is also described in UM8001 Chapter 5 "Working with J-Link and J-Trace", Section 5.7 "J-Link control panel" .
    This will enable the logfile permantly, also for feature sessions, regardless which programm uses the J-link DLL.

Best regards,
    Niklas