[SOLVED] NXP iMX7 Solo

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] NXP iMX7 Solo

Hi, I see at the wiki that NXP iMX7 solo is supported, but I don't find the device in the listings and I don't find any script-files on wiki.

How do I use J-link commander with the solo series? I have had no success halting the processor with the dual core device scripts.

Any help will be very appreciated.
  • Hi,

thanks for your inquiry.
    The NXP iMX7S series devices (MCIMX7S3, MCIMX7S5) do neither have internal flash nor are they multi-core devices.
    Therefore no device-specific handling or J-Link script file is necessary.

Debugging should just work when specifying Cortex-A7 as the device/core name.
    However, we will add MCIMX7S3 and MCIMX7S5 to the supported device list in a future version of the J-Link software & documentation pack in order to avoid further confusion.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Ok, thanks. So do you have any idea why I cannot halt the processor? I do see "Found Cortex-A7 r0p5" message when I connect, and therefore I assume the JTAG interface is functional. But all other commands fail by "CPU is not halted !"

I have measured that all voltages and clocks are within specifications. What can halt the processor then, and how to avoid it?
  • Hi,

do I understand you correctly that the issue occurs if you do *not* use the dual core device scripts?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • So, I don't think it is a hardware problem. So yes, selecting unspecified ARM7 does not work. I do measure activity at both TMS, TCK, TDO, TDI and RET.

I see that when I run the "h" halt command, RET is activated multiple times. Can it be a wrong reset type?