[SOLVED] J-Link Lite RX Accidently Programmed as ARM

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Lite RX Accidently Programmed as ARM

Hello,

I have accidently somehow changed the firmware in my J-Link Lite RX to J-Link ARM Lite V8.00. I was working with 2 development targets and the IDE seems like it has updated the firmware in the RX version to ARM version.

I cannot connect anymore with it to my RX target.

I have tried the Configurator to change the firmware as well as the commander to attempt to force the J-Link lite to the RX MCU, however the IDE will not connect to the target saying that the debugger is not setup for the RXv2 core and won't connect.

I also tried uninstalling the J-Link support from Windows and installing the V496 RX version but this does not seem to get me any where.

What do I need to do to the Lite version back to the RX support it was prior?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

The post was edited 1 time, last by twelvexs ().

• Hi,

could you please provide us with a screenshot of J-Link commander, which is part of the J-Link software & documentation pack?

Which IDEs do you use?

however the IDE will not connect to the target saying that the debugger is not setup for the RXv2 core and won't connect.

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the error?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Jim,

I have accidentally somehow changed the firmware in my J-Link Lite RX to J-Link ARM Lite V8.00. I was working with 2 development targets and the IDE seems like it has updated the firmware in the RX version to ARM version

The firmware string always showed "J-Link ARM Lite V8.00", for historic reasons.

J-Link Lite RX V8 never supported the RXv2 architecture.

How to make a downdate of the firmware is described in UM08001.
    Please note that downdates are not recommended and are always done at your own risk.

Please also note that, as stated on the J-Link lite page: segger.com/jlink-lite-rx.html
    J-Link Lite RX is only delivered and supported as part of a starter kit, which includes an evaluation board. It is not sold separately. J-Link Lite RX may only be used with the evaluation board it came with.

Was the J-Link Lite shipped with a RX64M board?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Niklas,

SEGGER - Niklas wrote:

The firmware string always showed "J-Link ARM Lite V8.00", for historic reasons.
    OK, understand that. No problem

SEGGER - Niklas wrote:

J-Link Lite RX V8 never supported the RXv2 architecture.

Ah ha. Well, I think that answers the question completely.

We have a handful of these from older RX kits and the engineer attempting to use this wasn't aware of the restriction (nor was I).

Thanks for the heads-up. We will use the full J-Link with adapter for use on this project.