Cortex M3 Peripherals SVD File?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cortex M3 Peripherals SVD File?

Doies anyone know where I can get the SVD file for the Cortext M3 Peripherals? These include the NVIC, System Control Block and Systick. I'm using the NXP LPC178x family, but the definition of these peripherals should be the same across of Cortex processors.

Thanks

Kevin
  • I think what you are looking for is the ARMCM3.svd file which can be found in the CMSIS-core package.
    Please have a look here: arm.com/products/processors/co…re-interface-standard.php
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I had already checked out the SVD files from ARM. They contain mostly sample SVD files. The ARMCM3.SVD you mention only contains the SYSTICK registers. At the moment, I'm looking specifically for the System Control Block to help diagnose a hard fault. I may have to create my own SVD file but I find it hard to believe this is not already available from somewhere.
  • You can also check out our Cortex-M HardFault Application note at segger.com/downloads/appnotes.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I still can't believe someone else hasn't done this before... So I did it myself.

I've attached an updated ARMCM3.svd file that contains the NVIC and the SCB peripherals. To get around the upload restrictions, the file has a .txt extension.

ARMCM3.txt

The post was edited 3 times, last by ktowers ().