[SOLVED] Flasher Frescale MK64FN1M0xxx12 execution time

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flasher Frescale MK64FN1M0xxx12 execution time

Hi,
    we use flasher ARM SN164208634 with target Frescale MK64FN1M0xx12.
    Programming 'stand alone' only works with disabling watchdog in "Init steps"!! --> this should be mentioned in maual. It's anoying to google such existential things... see topic "Flasher Portable MK24FN Ram Check Failure".
    When I start programming with Segger J-Flash Software (V6.14h) the execution time is 7.4sec.
    - Target erased, programmed and verified successfully - Completed after 7.474 sec
    same settings:
    When I start programming with "ASCII command Interface" --> #auto
    #STATUS:INITIALIZING
    #STATUS:CONNECTING
    #STATUS:ERASING
    #STATUS:PROGRAMMING
    #STATUS:VERIFYING
    #OK (Total 13.066s, Erase 1.105s, Prog 5.077s, Verify 0.385s)
    Why does the flasher need 13sec in standalone mode compared to 7sec in PC-connected mode???
    Best regards
    audi80
    Files
  • Hi,

Programming 'stand alone' only works with disabling watchdog in "Init steps"

This is improved in the current version of the J-Link software & documentation pack (beta).
    Disabling the watchdog is no longer necessary.

#OK (Total 13.066s, Erase 1.105s, Prog 5.077s, Verify 0.385s)
    Why does the flasher need 13sec in standalone mode compared to 7sec in PC-connected mode

Flasher did always a mass-erase in stand-alone mode before the actual programming.
    This has also be improved in the current version of the J-Link software & documentation pack (beta).

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Flasher Frescale MK64FN1M0xxx12 execution time with V6.15e beta

Hi Niclas,
    thank you for your answer.
    I installed J-Flash V6.15e. I removed the "init steps." --> disabling the watchdog automatically works.
    The target device is partly secured and I selected "Erase" "Chip" in "Production" tab.
    Then I get an other error message:
    The programming is stopped due to the secured device.
    Here is the log.
    Application log started
    - J-Flash V6.15e (J-Flash compiled May 10 2017 18:22:53)
    - JLinkARM.dll V6.15e (DLL compiled May 10 2017 18:22:32)
    Opening project file [C:\projekte\miwe1\MNCS_NEU_KSDK_2.0\MNCS_BOOT_TEST.jflash] ...
    - Project opened successfully
    Auto programming target (371772 bytes, 1 range) ...
    - Connecting ...
    - Connected successfully
    - Start of preparing flash programming
    - End of preparing flash programming
    - Start of determining dirty areas in flash cache
    - End of determining dirty areas
    - CPU speed could not be measured.
    - Chip erase not supported for flash bank @ 0x00000000. Switched to sector erase
    - Start of determining dirty areas in flash cache
    - End of determining dirty areas
    - Start of erasing sectors
    - Erasing range 0x00000000 - 0x00003FFF (004 Sectors, 16 KB)
    - ERROR: Failed to erase sectors 0 @ address 0x00000000 (Algo35: Flash protection violation. Flash is write-protected.)
    - End of erasing sectors
    - ERROR: Erase failed
    - ERROR: Failed to auto program target
    Best regards
    audi80
  • Hi,

Flash write protection is another issue, which is already fixed in our internal version.
    The fix will be available to the public with version 6.15f, which is planned to be released by the end of this week.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Niclas,
    thank you for your answer.
    Flash write protection is another issue, which is already fixed in our internal version.

The fix will be available to the public with version 6.15f, which is planned to be released by the end of this week.
    It already worked with V6.14h. - but slow.
    Please inform me when you have a real working solution. Not only parts.
    [*][img]http://forum.segger.com/wcf/images/smilies/sad.png[/img]Best regards
    audi80
  • Hi,

maybe I framed it wrong: This is a convenience function - We never claimed that we handle write protection automatically.
    It was always possible to handle this manually via init and exit steps.

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi,

I can't understand, why a working feature is removed.

Sorry that I invoked this concern.
    Of course we never intend to remove existing features / break working setups.
    If we do, please do no hesitate to contact us - either here in the forum or via mail.

Let me explain the situation regarding J-Flash vs. standalone-mode:
    With version 6.14 and earlier, there are two implementations - one for the PC-site and one for the standalone-mode of Flasher.
    This has been this way for historical and practical reasons: For example, there is way more space available for code on the PC, but Flasher needs to be able to handle all special cases (Device locked, low power modes, read protection, write protection, special resets, etc..) on its own, with very limited available space for code, and also Flasher needs to keep up a reasonable operation speed.

With versions 6.15 and later, we implemented new features in the Flasher firmware and J-Link software, so that Flasher can use the same implementation during J-Flash/PC-mode as well as during standalone-mode.
    This new way offers the big advantage, that there will be no longer differences in behavior (of the Flasher) between J-Flash/PC-Mode and standalone-mode.
    With 6.15, this has (among others) be implemented for the Kinetis -E,-K,-L and -M series devices.

As 6.15 is still beta, they can be some issues due to the rework of the functionality, but they are detected during internal testing or reported by customers using the beta version of the J-Link software and therefore it will be stable in the release version.

It should already be stable in the next beta version (6.15f), as internal testing showed no errors, if we did not oversee some special feature someone might use..

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi,

V6.15f of the J-Link software & documentation pack (beta) is now available.

[...]
    - Flasher: Improved stand-alone mode programming for NXP Kinetis-E, Kinetis-K, Kinetis-L and Kinetis-M series devices to be able to handle devices with enabled write protection.
    [...]

Best regards,
    Niklas