Virtual Screen Paint effect

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Virtual Screen Paint effect

Hi all,

We have an application containing many virtual screens. When I am viewing a virtual screen, due to real time events the background color and text color should be changed. This change is happening slowly, so the user could feel the paint effect.

We have many screens more or less static screens, so we opted for using virtual screen. But there will be a change in background and text color on already drawn virtual screen upon real time events.

How can I reduce this paint effect on virtual screens?

Regards

Priya
  • Hi,

Is it possible to post some code, how you manage to draw the screens?

Some functins shouldn't be called since they will effect all screens. For example GUI_Clear() will berform a clear with the selected color on all screens.

In this case you should use GUI_FillRect() with the coordinates of the current screen.

Also, you can create a window for each screen. This might make it easier since each window takes care of its look and just draws inside its area.

Regards,
    Sven
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

I have a parent virtual screen created using GUI_CreateDialogBox(). This screen contains mutiple dialog boxes each created using GUI_CreateDialogBox(). When an event is received to change the background and text color to the parent screen, message is send to each dialog box contained within the virtual screen. WINDOW_SetBkColor(), BUTTON_SetTextColor(), TEXT_SetTextColor() are the functions called on receiving the message in each dialog callback.

Thanks for your support.

Regards
    Priya