[SOLVED] j-link support for STM32L496 and STM32L4A6

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] j-link support for STM32L496 and STM32L4A6

Hello Segger,

i wondering when you will support the "new" (3 month old) microcontrollers from ST the STM32L496 and STM32L4A6.
    At the moment the debugging and flashing is functional if you choose the STM32L476 or the STM32L486, but it is tricky because of some new registers and some modified registers in comparison of the STM32L476. You need to choose the right type in your IDE (i.e. Keil) for correct register and peripheral view. But in that moment the j-link complain about the unknow processor type ;( .

Is there any plan at which moment you will support the latest microcontrollers from ST?

Thanks for your answer
    Marian E.
  • Hi Marian,

support for ST STM32L49x and STM32L4Ax series devices has been added with version 6.15d of the J-Link software & documentation pack (beta).

I suggest to subscribe to the the J-Link release notes notification mailing list, especially if you regularly work with new devices.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Marian and Forum,

support for STM32L49x and STM32L4Ax devices is now available in the release version of the J-Link software & documentation pack.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.