[ABANDONED] JLink CDC COM Port (COM3) Properties

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JLink CDC COM Port (COM3) Properties

I was able to use COM3 for running PUTTY for displaying printf statements from nordic nrf52 programs for more than a month.
    Last week the PUTTY did not work all the time so I tried to investigate the issue.
    I saw the following information of JlinkCDC.sys in looking at Device Driver on my laptop (Windows 7).

I would like to know if I have to reload Jlink drivers or not. Jlink Flash (put executable on the nordic nrf52 are still working) only the UART COM has problem.
    "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The
    driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Note: Now I can not even bring up the PUTTY serial terminal due to the error message "Unable to open connection to COM3".
    Thank you.
    Files
  • Did you try reinstalling the driver?
    You can do that by right clicking the device in the device manager -> uninstall -> "delete the driver software for this device" -> OK
    Then install the driver again.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.