[SOLVED] J-Link EDU support for IMX6 A9 and M4

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link EDU support for IMX6 A9 and M4

Hello there,I have bought a UDOO NEO board ( udoo.org/udoo-neo/ ) which features a i.MX 6SoloX MCU with A9 and M4 cores. In the segger support page ( segger.com/jlink_supported_devices.html ) I can find that MCIMX6X4_A9 has an upper index "1" with stands for "Programming support via J-Flash PC software only. No stand-alone mode support for Flasher." as mentioned in the bottom of the page. Does this mean I can only program the A9 using J-Flash software and not debug it using GDB? Also, are the cores supported for J-Link EDU version? I would appreciate all help!
  • Hi,

Does this mean I can only program the A9 using J-Flash software and not debug it using GDB?

No, it just means that stand-alone mode programming is not supported. Everything else works as usual.
    Also, are the cores supported for J-Link EDU version?

This depends on the hardware version (V8, V9, V10, ...) and not on the included licenses (EDU, BASE, PLUS)
    An overview can be found here:

wiki.segger.com/Software_and_Hardware_Features_Overview

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.