SystemView and variable CPU clock

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SystemView and variable CPU clock

Hi. Is it possible to use SystemView with variable system and CPU clocking?
    I use energy saving modes in my board, so sytem clock goes down when no big calculations needed.
    If I init SystemView with SystemCoreClock setted to 288MHz, then after switching to a lower clock 36MHz I got wrong measurements. And vice a versa.
    Using reinitialisation with different clock values resets measurements and I loose all previos data.
    I use no OS and Cortex-M7 CPU.

So, what should I do and is it a right way to deal with my situation?
    Thanks.
  • Hi,

Please excuse the delay in response.

It is not possible to use SystemView with variable timestamp frequency,
    so you will need to provide a fixed frequency for the timestamp even when the CPU speed changes.

In SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf.h SEGGER_SYSVIEW_GET_TIMESTAMP() is defined as simply returning the Cortex-M cycle counter.
    You can change this to call SEGGER_SYSVIEW_X_GetTimestamp() instead and implement this function in your application.

You can for example use the SysTick timer as shown in SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Config_embOS_CM0.c and convert the tick count accordingly to the configured timestamp frequency and the current CPU frequency.

Best regards Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.