[ABANDONED] Unable to use SEGGER without rebooting computer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Unable to use SEGGER without rebooting computer

Dear support,

I am using up to 8 SEGGER connected on my computer (Windows). Sometimes, one or more SEGGER cannot be used until I restart the computer.

For exemple, command like:

C Source Code

1. jlink.exe -device NRF52832_XXAA -speed 8000 -if SWD -autoconnect 1 -RTTTelnetPort 19020 -SelectEmuBySN 518107844

stays "Connecting to J-LINK via USB..." forever.

Even if I deconnect the SEGGER from the PC, then reconnect it, it is still not usable. The only way to use the SEGGER is to reboot the computer.

Is there a way to reset a SEGGER? Do you have any idea to help me?

Best regards,

Sébastien
  • Dear Mateusilio,

Thanks you for your reply, it was a good guess but no I am not putting the comuter in sleep mode. The segger are using in a modules production bench and it happens after a short while of production (~30min) and not every times on the same SEGGER.

Best regards,

Sébastien
  • Hi Sébastien,

which version of the software package do you use?
    Does the issue persist with the latest version of the J-Link software & documentation pack?

However, please note that J-Link Lite may only be used with the eval board it came with and therefore cannot be used for production purposes.
    segger.com/jlink-lite-cortexm.html
    Licensing
    J-Link Lite CortexM is only delivered and supported as part of a starter kit, which includes an evaluation board. It is not sold separately. It may only be used with the evaluation board it came with.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Dear Niklas,

Thank you for your answer! The version we used was v6.12f. I have updated to the very last one v6.14d this morning but the problem perists. We alos use JLink Base for production.

Update : And the problem occurs on the JLink Base too. Do you need serial number of the JLink Base?

Best regards,

Sébastien

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bouillou ().

• Hi Sébastien,

sorry for the delay in response.
    In order to isolate the issue:
    Does this issue also occur when less J-Links are connected? (2,3,4,6 ?)
    Is there a way to reliably reproduce the issue?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.