[SOLVED] How to power the Cortex-M target?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to power the Cortex-M target?

Dear Segger Support Team,

I attached a picture that shows my J-Link Base + Target Supply Adapter + J-Link Adapter for Cortex M + our tiny electronic Board

I used J-link Command "power on/off perm" to enable the power supply to the target. So far, Am I correct?

Things is power is present at the target connector of the "Target Supply Adapter" but "J-Link Adapter for Cortex M" does not populate that power to the 9 pin connector (pin #1).

Questions:

- Did I miss something here or should I customize my "J-Link Adapter for Cortex M" to provide power on the 9 pin connector?

- My "Target Supply Adapter" provides 3,3v meanwhile our tiny electronic board does not accept more that 3.0v.
    How should I adpat the "Target Supply Adapter" output voltage? Do I have to adjust R4/R5 bridge, R2/R3 bridge (in our use case needed currents are very low)
    Sorry but the "Target Supply Adapter" dedicated page is not clear enough segger.com/jlink-target-supply-adapter.html

Best regards,
    Thierry
    Images
    • DSC_1367.JPG

1.01 MB, 2,000×1,125, viewed 2,981 times
  • Hi Thierry,

I used J-link Command "power on/off perm" to enable the power supply to the target. So far, Am I correct?

Correct.

Unfortunately, as described in the schematics (see links to the website below), Target power supply is available on the 20- and 19pin connector, but not on the 9pin connector.
    segger.com/interface-description.html
    segger.com/jlink-adapters-19pin-cortexm.html
    segger.com/jlink-adapters-9pin-cortexm.html

Pin 1 of the 9pin connector (as well as Pin 1 of the 19pin and 20pin connector) is VTREF.
    VTREF != Target power supply .
    VTREF needs to be connected to the targets reference voltage, so that J-Link can configure it buffers to the respective voltage.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Dear Niklas

I thank you for prompt answer,

We indeed missed something here with our 9-pins connector... I do not how we will handle that.

What about my last question that was
    "How should I adpat the "Target Supply Adapter" output voltage? Do I have to adjust R4/R5 bridge, R2/R3 bridge (in our use case needed currents are very low)".

Best regards,
    Thierry
  • Hi Thierry,

as described on the webpage:
    segger.com/jlink-target-supply-adapter.html
    segger.com/cms/admin/uploads/i…getSupplyAdapter_800x.png

only R4 needs to be adjusted in order the change the VTGT Voltage.
    If you want the voltage to be ~ 3.0V, the provided formula equates to a resistor of 297 Ohm.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.