[ABANDONED] Flasher ARM, ERROR: Failed to measure CPU clock frequency: second loop count is less than first one!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Flasher ARM, ERROR: Failed to measure CPU clock frequency: second loop count is less than first one!

Hello,

I have a problem with flashing processor S9KEAZN64AMLC from NXP. I used Flasher ARM, J-Flash. Susccessful flashing performed after approximately 10 test. Overflashing is ok, this issue lost.

Can you help me solve the issue?

My logfile is here:

Application log started
    - J-Flash V6.12f (J-Flash compiled Jan 13 2017 16:38:07)
    - JLinkARM.dll V6.12f (DLL compiled Jan 13 2017 16:37:50)
    Reading flash device list [C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V612f\ETC\JFlash\Flash.csv] ...
    - List of flash devices read successfully (451 Devices)
    Reading MCU device list ...
    - List of MCU devices read successfully (6322 Devices)
    Opening project file [C:\Users\testovacekt.CZ013D\Desktop\M943 Table FUT\M943-001_002.jflash] ...
    - Project opened successfully
    Opening data file [C:\Users\testovacekt.CZ013D\Desktop\M943 Table FUT\FW\1000795520 – LIN Global B\1000795520V11_SG_TEST_2UP_GBB_PKG_PRODUCTION.s19] ...
    - Data file opened successfully (35713 bytes, 6 ranges, CRC of data = 0xF7AF4BA8)
    Checking if selected data fits into selected flash sectors.
    Auto programming target (35713 bytes, 6 ranges) ...
    - Connecting ...
    - ERROR: Failed to measure CPU clock frequency: second loop count is less than first one! (537657864<=537657864)
    - ERROR: Failed to measure CPU clock frequency
    - ERROR: Failed to connect.
    Could not determine CPU clock frequency.
    - ERROR: Could not auto program target, not connected

Thanks you for any help.

Best regards

Jaroslav
  • Hi Jaroslav,

could you please give the most recent version V6.14c of the J-Link software & documentation pack a try?
    Does the issue persist with version 6.14c?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Jaroslav,

I just gave it a try on a TRK-KEA64 (SKEAZN64 device), which worked fine for me.
    Are you working with an eval board or custom hardware?

If you are using custom hardware, does an evalboard with the MCU you use exist?

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Niklas,

I have customer HW. Flasher ARM is used for Production programming. In attachments is part schema.

What mean error message?

Best regards,

Jaroslav
    Images
    • Segger_issue_schema.jpg

337.26 kB, 1,936×1,030, viewed 411 times
  • Hi,

could you please clarify this sentence for me?
    Susccessful flashing performed after approximately 10 test. Overflashing is ok, this issue lost.

Do I understand you correctly:
    - Flashing fails most of the times, but succeeds with a ~10% chance
    - After the flash has been programmed successfully one time, further flash programming attempts always succeed.

Does this issue occur with every unit?
    Are those units empty or do they already have a application running?

Best regards,
    Niklas