[SOLVED] Atmel SAM D21 xplained segger upgrade?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Atmel SAM D21 xplained segger upgrade?

Segger has released several upgrades for both ST boards and Atmel EDGB boards converting them into Segger OB, I know because I've upgraded all my STs and it seems I've upgraded an Atmel SAM4S at some point. I now have one other Atmel board, a SAM D21 Xplained Pro but I can't work out if there is a Segger OB upgrade for it or if this board needs to continue to run in CMSIS-DAP mode. The documentation from Atmel seems to indicate it is compatible, perhaps they ship their new boards with OB installed, mine's old. If there's a link for upgrading the software on it, can you point me to it please.

Thanks
  • Hi,

the SAM D21 Xplained Pro is listed as a compatible eval board:
    segger.com/jlink-edbg.html

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you Niklas, as usual. Possibly worth pointing out I typed "Atmel", "Atmel EDBG" and "Atmel D21" into the search box and didn't find that page, or actually any page. Am I using the search incorrectly? I will upgrade the firmware tomorrow when I have access to a windows box, I so prefer the JLink interface to the EDBG one.
  • Hi,

you mean here in the forum?
    Because when i search it on the SEGGER website it is the first result:
    segger.com/search-results.html?q=Atmel%20EDBG

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.