Errors if using IAR Workbench V5.4 together with embOS V3.60d2 for NEC K0/K0S/K0R

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Errors if using IAR Workbench V5.4 together with embOS V3.60d2 for NEC K0/K0S/K0R

We would like to use the IAR Workbench V5.4 ( C/C++ compiler: Version 4.62.1.50009, XLINK Version: 4.61N (4.61.14.0), Library builder 4.61N (4.61.14.0), Assembler: 4.62.1.50009 (4.62.1.50009) )

together with embOS Version 3.60d2 (for NEC K0/K0S/K0R and IAR compiler). The hardware is based on the NEC 78F1166.

If I try to compile the start up example we got together with the library files, I will get error messages like this:

"Error[e88]: Library tag ?CL78K0R_V2_L00 not found. Likely causes are compiler version mismatch, memory model mismatch or no library linked. Problem found in OS_CreateTask ( ...\Start\Lib\rtosCFF3D.r26 )"

When I use the IAR Workbench 5.0 it compiles without any problems. I have detected that the latest embOS - libraries has been created with the tool chain of Workbench V5.2. Is it necessary to recreate the libraries with the latest IAR compiler or do we have to proceed with the former Workbench?
  • Hello,

embOS for K0 and IAR V3.60d2 works not with latest IAR K0 compiler.
    IAR checks the label "CL78K0R_V2_L00" in each library file to ensure that there is no incompatibility.

If you are still in support please contact us directly for an updated embOS version.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.