System View - J-Link Library not found

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• System View - J-Link Library not found

I'm trying to get the System View running.

My setup: I'm using System View V2.42 and J-Link Software V6.14b.

When starting the continues record get an error message: "Failed to start recording. J-Link Library not found. Make sure the J-Link Software is installed."

The J-Link software is allready installed. I tried if reinstalling solves the problem. No success. The FAQ has not answer for this issue.

Has anybody an idea?
  • I figured out that the System View program has to be started with administration rights. With admin right the SEGGER libraries are found. Is there a trick how the System View Tool could be run with normal rights?
  • Hi,

SystemView loads the most recent J-Link Software.
    If you have a restricted account and installed the J-Link Software with administrator credentials,
    it can happen, that the registry path to the J-Link software is not added to your users HKEY.

The easiest solution is to copy the J-Link DLL into the SystemView installation directory.
    For more information, have a look at wiki.segger.com/Could_not_open_J-Link_shared_library

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.