[SOLVED] J-Link and custom applications

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link and custom applications

Hi.
    I need to download data to internal flash memory of microcontroller. But i dont have a data file on hard drive of PC, i only have data in RAM of PC.
    How can i download data to flash without creating file on hard drive?
  • Hi,

this can be done when using the J-Link SDK (Part No 8.08.06 on the price list).
    May I ask why you only have it in RAM and can not write it to a data file? If I understand your setup I may can see if there is another solution.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

in this case, the J-Link SDK is the appropriate tool.
    The interface is simple - After establishing a connection to the target, you just pass the target memory address, a pointer to a buffer containing the data, and the number of bytes to be written, and the J-Link software handles the flash programming.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.