SES STLPort - std::array, uint8_t, etc...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SES STLPort - std::array, uint8_t, etc...

Hi everybody,
    My current setup is Eclipse with GNU ARM plugin and J-Link debug probe. My toolchain is GNU ARM which uses newlib library. I mostly use C++.

I'm evaluating SES at the moment and I have a couple of questions:

- Is there no std::array in provided STLPort C++ library?
    - In which header can I find standard types like std::uint8_t? (STL uses <cstdint>)
    - Can I use Newlib with SES?

I like the idea of using clang and have better debugging experience then what I can get with Eclipse. From that point of view the SES look quite appealing.
    I seems that I would have to heavily modify my current projects to work with STLPort library (use of std::array and STL algorithms). Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Kind regards,
    Jan
  • Hi Jan,

To use an external standard library, such as newlib, you can disable the use of the Embedded Studio libraries in the the project options at Linker -> Library.

The C++ STL functionality of STLPort 5.1.0 is provided in SEGGER Embedded Studio. To use STLPort you must put $(StudioDir)/include/stlport as the first entry in the User Include Directories project property. The STLPort is configured to not support long doubles and iostreams.

Since STLPort is kindof old now and not well maintained there will be an update of the STL in Embedded Studio with one of the next versions to also support newer versions of C++.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.