[SOLVED] Error while identifying Cortex-M device. Wrong AHB ID. Expected 0x04770001, found 0x00000000

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Error while identifying Cortex-M device. Wrong AHB ID. Expected 0x04770001, found 0x00000000

I am getting the above noted error. This suddenly appeared after I upgraded my IAR from the free version to the purchased version.
    However, when I run the J-Link Commander (with IAR not running), I still get this error. So, I think it is something with the Seggar J-Link. Using an Analog Devices development board with ADSP-CM408 processor. Version of J-Link is 6.12i.
    I have tried reset, cycling power, etc, and nothing works. Please assist.
  • Hi,

could you please give J-Link Commander a try?
    J-Link commander is part of the J-Link software package, which is available free of charge here .

• Start J-Link Commander (jlink.exe)
    • Type "connect" in order to start a debug session
    • Type in the target device name if asked (Or type "?" for a target selection Dialog)
    • Choose the correct target interface (JTAG/SWD/etc..)
    • Use a valid speed (Default: 4000kHz, try 100-500 if default does not work)
    • [JTAG only]JTAG conf can be default(most of the times)
    • You should now be successfully connected.
    If anything fails, could you please post a screenshot of the complete session?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,
    I looked at an older post, the person had mentioned that Rev H of the Analog Devices ADSP-CM408 has a lockout. I tried re-downloading that, and it worked.
    Although I had already done that with the 'free' IAR version, apparently, when I installed my new version of IAR, it must have blown that file away, and hence it did not work. Again, upon re-downloading the Analog devices enablement software for Rev H, sdk.analog.com/dw/sdks.aspx?file=ADUSC03, it now works.
    Thank you anyway for you prompt response - much appreciated!
  • Hi,

thanks for providing your solution to the forum and good to hear that you are up and running! :)

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.