Tuesday, November 21st 2017, 2:59pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dexter_04

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 24th 2017

Friday, March 24th 2017, 4:29pm

STemwin with STM32F429

Hi everyboby,

I'm implementing the STemWin library (before migrate to EmWin) on my STM32F429IG.

But I don't know how to start ! Is there a document that indicates step by step the things to do ?

Regards,

Fabrice

SEGGER - Schoenen

Super Moderator

Date of registration: Aug 13th 2015

Monday, March 27th 2017, 12:06pm

Hi Fabrice,

When using the STemWin library you might want to use the Hello World example project which come with the STM32Cubef4 package. Thi is a good starting point and everything should be configured already. Of course this will only fit for one of the standard eval boards.

But in general you need to to the following steps.

1. Give emWin some memory.
Open GUIConf.c and configure GUI_NUM_BYTES. This is used to allocate memory for emWin. How much you need depends pretty much on the application.
If it is simple 150 - 500 KB should be enough. If it is getting more complex and you want to use memory devices you should spend emWin some more memory (maybe 2MB).

2. Set up your LCDConf.c
There are two major parts. First initialize the driver. This is done in LCD_X_Config(). Set the display size and the address of the frame buffer.
Next step is to initialize the LCD controller. Do this in the driver callback LCD_X_DisplayDriver() when reacting on LCD_X_INITCONTROLLER. Here you have to set up the LCD controller and the GPIOs where the display is connected to.

After these steps you should be able to see something on the LCD already (like a "hello world"). If you want to use the Chrome Art Accelerator further steps are required. But in this case I would simply copy paste the functions from the example config file.

Attached is a config file which come with our emWin shipment. There are no external dependencies. Here it should be sufficient to adapt the GPIO init and the addresses of the frame buffer.

Regards,
Sven
SEGGER - Schoenen has attached the following file:
  • LCDConf.zip (20.24 kB - 109 times downloaded - Last download: Yesterday, 4:38pm)

dexter_04

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 24th 2017

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 4:44pm

Hi Sven,

Thank you for your reply. I'll try what you say and will let inform.

Thank again,

Regards,

Fabrice