[ABANDONED] J-Trace SDK says ETM unit is not present on K21F

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Trace SDK says ETM unit is not present on K21F

Hi,

I am using the JLINK_ARM_ETM_IsPresent() function from the SDK with a J-Trace on a K21F tower board. K21F supports ETM, but the function keeps returning 0, indicating that there is no ETM unit present.

The Trace LED on the J-Trace is not on, even though Power, USB, and Target Power are on. Do I need to do additional setup on the device side? I am largely following mcuoneclipse.com/2016/11/05/tu…p-kinetis-arm-cortex-m4f/ as an example.

I am using SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.00b and Firmware: J-Trace Cortex-M Rev.3.

Thank you.
  • Hi,

thanks for your inquiry.
    This function is only intended for ARM7/9 and can not be used with Cortex-M.
    As an alternative, you can pass JLINKARM_DEBUG_INFO_ETM_ADDR_INDEX as Index to JLINKARM_GetDebugInfo().
    After the call, pInfo will contain either the address or 0 if no ETM is present.

We will improve our documentation accordingly.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

please note that this forum is not the intended place for J-Link SDK related questions.
    SDK support is given via mail during an active SUA agreement. As far as I can see, the support period for your license ended in August 2016 and has not been renewed since then.

I would recommend to start by verifying that STRACE is working from J-Link Commander.
    This is explained in the section labeled "Using STRACE from J-Link Commander" in UM8002.

Do I need to write to registers manually if I want to use STRACE through the SDK?

I am not sure what exactly you mean by "write to registers" in this context.
    Do you mean for the purpose of configuring the trace unit / settings, for configuring the TRACE pins or sth. else?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.