[SOLVED] How do I disable the Flash Downloader in a JLINK.EXE command file?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How do I disable the Flash Downloader in a JLINK.EXE command file?

Hi,

I am using JLINK.EXE (V6.14b) in batch processing mode (i.e.: I am feeding it a command file using the "-CommandFile <file>" argument when calling it from the command-line). I need to disable the Flash Downloader for what I am doing. I have tried using the "exec DisableFlashDL" command, but it does not seem to work. Despite calling "exec DisableFlashDL" from my script when it starts, JLINK.EXE still seems to notice if I write to an address mapped into internal flash space and automatically invokes the flash downloader which does an erase, program and verify (I can see this in the JLINK.EXE log which I enable using the "log" command in my script).

The only way I have been able to successfully disable the flash downloader is through the SEGGER J-Link Control panel GUI. If I go to the "Settings" tab and select the "Off" radio button under the "Flash download" section, the flash downloader is disabled. So now the first thing my script does is wait 10 seconds after connecting, which gives me time to open the control panel and hit the radio button to disable Flash Download. Yuck.

It seems like the "exec FlashDisableDL" command should do what I need, but it just isn't working for me. Has anybody else had this problem? Am I calling the command incorrectly?

I am using an Atmel SAM4C CPU, which is supported by the SEGGER tools.

Thanks,

Jason
  • Hi Jason,

sorry for the delay in response.
    We could reproduce this issue.
    The "exec DisableFlashDL" should do the same as the J-Link control panel, but it currently does not.
    We will fix this issue.
    I will update this thread once a fixed version is available.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Jason,

this issue is fixed in version 6.14c of the J-Link software & documentation pack.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.