[SOLVED] OS X and J-Link Not Connecting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] OS X and J-Link Not Connecting

I have setup the Segger software with Eclipse and have not been able to program my device but also realized that trying to register the device even fails. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, the hardware is defective, or the software is defective. Screenshots are attached showing the failed registration and the failed debugging with Eclipse.
    Images
    • Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 7.43.55 AM.png

83.43 kB, 514×352, viewed 517 times
    • Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 7.44.17 AM.png

48.59 kB, 349×293, viewed 413 times
  • Hi,

could please give J-Link Commander (JLinkExe) a try and post a screenshot of the results?
    Seems like the connection is in "weird" but not totally dysfunctional state, since the Registration tool can read out the S/N.

Do you have VMWare / Parallels / or another virtual machine software running which could be trying to "grab" the J-link for the Guest-OS?

Does the J-Link work with J-Link Commander when using another computer?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

thanks for the update and good to hear that you are up and running!

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.