JPEG API problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JPEG API problem

Hi,

I am using STM32F429I-Discovery board and STemWin v5.32.

I am trying to use a JPEG image without converting it to c format. I am supposing that putting the file within the project folder will be enough in order to use the JPEG API.

The problem comes when, for example, I try to run the 2DGL_DrawJPEG example. When I compile it, I have an error related with the windows.h library and when i attache it to my project the error is that, as the compiler I am using (keil compiler) is not a GNU compiler, I cannot use this library.

What can I do to run the example?

Thanks!
  • Hi,

Some examples are written for the simulation using some windows specific functions. The example you are referring to is one of those.

In this case you have to exchange all windows function with functions compatible for your device. In this case you would require a filesystem to open the JPEG file.

Take a look into the example attached. It should show how to read the JPEG from an c-array.

Regards,
    Sven
    Files
    • Sample_JPEG.zip

(3.31 kB, downloaded 285 times, last: )
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.