[SOLVED] Flasher portable and STM32L011G3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flasher portable and STM32L011G3

Hello,

I try to programm STM32L011G3 with flasher portable. Programming with J-Flash (V6.14a) - USB connect to flasher portable is working, but when I download config and data files to flasher and start programming
    in stand-alone mode response is always FAIL.

FLASHER.LOG file have next errors :
    ERROR: Timeout while checking target RAM, RAMCode did not respond in time
    ERROR: Failed to prepare for programming.Failed to execute RAMCode for RAM check!

Please advise me. Thank you.

Bojan

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bojan ().

• Hi Bojan,

thanks for your inquiry.
    We are not aware of any issues regarding Flasher (Portable) and STM32L0 devices.

I just gave it a try with a STM32L053R8 and both PC-mode and stand-alone mode worked for me.
    Could you please provide us with your J-Flash project file (.jflash)?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Bojan,

thanks for providing the project file.

I could reproduce this issue.
    We will now investigate and update this once we know more about possible workarounds / release date of a fixed version of the J-Link software.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Bojan,

We just released a new beta version of the J-Link software, which includes a fix for this issue.
    We are pleased to announce the availability of a new beta version of the J-Link software and documentation pack (V6.15a).
    This version contains the following new features:
    [...]
    J-Flash: Under certain conditions, if 2KB or less RAM was available on a target MCU, J-Flash created a .CFG file for stand-alone mode which did not work. Fixed.

Could you please give J-Flash V6.15a a try and provide feedback about the result?
    J-Link software & documentation pack (beta)

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi Bojan,

thanks for the update and good to hear that you are up and running again!

Best regards,
    Niklas