[SOLVED] JTAG Isolator with J-Trace PRO

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JTAG Isolator with J-Trace PRO

Hi there, I'm attempting to utilize my JTAG Isolator (8.07.00 part number) with my J-Trace PRO using J-Link V6.14 and I'm having no luck getting power on the isolator from the emulator side. I execute the 'power on perm' command and see in the JLink control panel that the default power setting is on but when I plug in the isolator the power setting itself still shows off and I get no LED lit on the emulator side.

If I try to manually turn the power on through the control panel as soon as I select the 'Power on' radio button in the 'Current State' frame the 'Power off' radio button gets reselected so it's like my J-Trace can't supply power. So not sure what is happening there. My J-Trace also does the same thing when I try to power a target board without the isolator also where everytime I select 'Power on' the radio button selection instantly goes back to 'Power off'.

Does the isolator work with J-Traces? I know it isn't listed on the page but I figured since the J-Trace has the features of the J-Link it'd work.

Thanks,
    Christian
  • Hi Christian,

J-Trace Pro requires up two 2W (400mA current @5V) power in peak workload scenarios.
    Therefore J-Trace Pro does not and cannot support (target) power supply via Pin 19, as USB 2.0 only allows for a maximum power draw of 2.5W (500mA @ 5V).

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Christian,

Thanks for the feedback!

/Closed
    Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.