Slow and unreliable keyboard input - disable suggestions box?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Slow and unreliable keyboard input - disable suggestions box?

Using SES on Linux, while typing in a C file, the characters shows are lagging a bit behind. Often, a character I type is lost, and typing code becomes tedious. Could this have anything to do with the auto-completion/suggestion box that is shown while typing? It seems to appear pretty slowly too. Is there any way to disable this box? (the box that shows a list of identifiers matching what you're currently typing)

Edit: When editing a H file, there is no such suggestions box, and typing works just fine. So I believe it is indeed the suggestions box that is the problem.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ploppz ().

• Hi,

You can disable the code completion in the general options (Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> Programmer Assistance -> Display code Completion Suggestions While Typing).

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Johannes

We have the same issue on Windows with SES v3.10i and v3.12.

Yes. Disabling the IntelliSense solves the performance issue, but does not solve the actual problem.

Thank you for checking...
    Anton

dev machine: Windows 10 64bit, SES v3.12
    target mcu: NXP(freescale) MKL27Z128... & KM66FN2...
  • Hi,

Thanks. Second question - is it possible to invoke the completion suggestion with some keyboard shortcut?

Yes, as the description of the option says it is Ctrl+J.

I do not see what the "actual problem" is if it's not the performance issue.

Regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.