[ABANDONED] VCOM on Jlink EDU v9.40

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] VCOM on Jlink EDU v9.40

I enabled VCOM on a Segger Jlink EDU v9.40 which results in a Segger CDC as COM4 on my windows computer, but I don't see any RX or TX activity on Putty or Terminal. How do I get VCOM to work? (Downloading and RTT works fine.)

I *do* see RX and TX when using a logic analyzer connected to pins 5 and 15 on the Jlink. I also see RX and TX in Terminal on COM7 using a FTDI adapter connected to these same pins.
  • Hi,

I *do* see RX and TX when using a logic analyzer connected to pins 5 and 15 on the Jlink.

According to UM8001, the pins used for VCOM are 5 and 17, not 5 and 15:

Does it work for you when using pin 17 instead of 15?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

sorry for the delay in response.
    As mentioned in the screenshot, you need to use pin 5 /17 and it only works when using the SWD interface.
    In order to test proper VCOM function of the J-Link, I would recommend to disconnect the J-Link from any target, and measuring pin 5/17 on the J-Link interface while sending out characters with a pc application (e.g. putty) via the J-Link COM-Port.
    Furthermore, you could create a local loop back by connecting pin 5 and pin 17 of the J-Link interface, which can be verified again with an application like putty.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.