Issue with properties window in V3.12

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Issue with properties window in V3.12

Newcommer to using SES so hopefully I'm not overlooking something.

In my quest to get started with nRF52DK examples compiled, I noticed 2 issues which relate to the PROPERTIES WINDOW:

1) After intial install, I got a PROPERTIES WINDOW on the right hand side of the IDE. When you close it with the X, the manual states it could be retrieved via the VIEW menu but I did not find it there. The only way I could retriew the PROPERTIES WINDOW on MAC (not on Windows - help!) was by doing the following :
    - go to VIEW > TOOLBARS and select to show the STANDARD toolbar
    - on the added toolbar, there is a drop down that shows 'standard', put this one to 'welcome' as in the screenshot (this dropdown is not present on windows version V3.12)
    - in the welcome view, RECENT PROJECTS on the left, select your project. This brought the PROPERTIES WINDOW back

Not sure of this is how it is suposed to work but couldn't find much about this anywhere, I guess the VIEW menu should have the PROPERTIES WINDOW somewhere

2) The reason why I stumbled about the above was the following:
    To edit project options, one has to pay attention to first select the project line itself in teh project exmplorer view (so I learned after many puzzled stares at my screen). I could not succeed at compiling some of Nordic's SDK examples, something was wrong with my Linker Section placement edits and link to Section placement file which I accessed via the menu PROJECT > EDIT OPTIONS ... and selecting the LINKER section. However, I noticed that the PROPERTIES WINDOW on the right was showing different info. Only when the PROPERTIES WINDOW values were changed, I got things to work - see combined screenshot attached.

I wonder if there is indeed something wrong here or I totally overlooked something ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback, especially on how to get back the properties window on Windows :)
  • Hi

We have the same issue on Windows with SES v3.10i and v3.12.

The menu entry to open the 'Properites Window' is missing.

Workaround on windows
    (WARNING: you may lose all user settings)
    • Go to folder: %appdata%\..\Local\SEGGER\SEGGER Embedded Studio\v3
    • Make a copy of settings.xml
    • Delete that settings.xml.

It may also possible to edit that file to get that panel back.
    Since the first accidental closing I keep a backup of that settings file.

@ Segger: Please fix.

Anton

dev machine: Windows 10 64bit, SES v3.12
    target mcu: NXP(freescale) MKL27Z128... & KM66FN2...