[SOLVED] JFlash command line options not working

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JFlash command line options not working

Hi,
    I am using JFlash 6.10l on two different Windows 10 machines.
    On one machine there is no problem, everything works fine.
    But on the second machine, I cannot use the CLI.

Running for example the following command, starts J-Flash, but doesnt exit as expected:
    "C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\V610l\JFlash.exe" -exit

Calling
    "C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\V610l\JFlash.exe" -?

or
    "C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\V610l\JFlash.exe" -min

works also fine

Also more complex commands like
    "C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\V610l\JFlash.exe" -openprjC:\mk22.jflash -openC:\fw.hex -auto -exit

are not working

Starting JFlash normal and use it by mouse works also fine on this machine.

Any suggestions how to find a solution for this problem?

Best,
    Stefan
  • Hello Stefan,

we just released a new JFlash 6.14 software version.
    You can download it here: segger.com/downloads/jlink

Could you give it a try and report to us if the issue got resolved?
    If it does not resolve the issue, could you please post the complete content of the J-Flash Log?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • It is not possible for me to install a newer Version of JFlash, on my first machine it works fine with the same version V6.10l.

This is the J-Flash log:

Source Code

1. Application log started
    2. - J-Flash V6.10l (J-Flash compiled Nov 7 2016 16:51:16)
    3. - JLinkARM.dll V6.10l (DLL compiled Nov 7 2016 16:51:01)
    4. Reading flash device list [C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\V610l\ETC\JFlash\Flash.csv] ...
    5. - List of flash devices read successfully (451 Devices)
    6. Reading MCU device list ...
    7. - List of MCU devices read successfully (6199 Devices)
    Display All

after executing the following command:
    "C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\V610l\JFlash.exe" -openprjC:\mk22.jflash -openC:\fw.hex -auto -exit

The same command works fine on my first machine. The .jflash and .hex file are also existent and like I said it works, wenn running it manually.
  • Hello Stefan,

this error was not reproducible in our lab, but this issue has been reported by some customers.
    So far we were able to pinpoint the problem to a remote desktop service running in the background, e.g. TeamViewver.
    As a workaround please try to deinstall, or disable TeamViewer or the remote desktop you are using on the machine where the issue occurs.

We are currently working on a solution to this and it will probably be release in the next couple of weeks.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Stefan & Forum,

Issues with J-Flash caused by remote desktop services like TeamViewer are fixed in versions 6.15a and higher of the J-Link software & documentation pack (beta)

Best regards,
    Niklas