[SOLVED] Can't reprogram STM32. Help Please!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Can't reprogram STM32. Help Please!

Hello community!

I have a STM32L476VG processor that once I program with an application, I'm unable to program the board using J-Flash again. If I use J-Flash lite OR a portable programmer, I'm able to reprogram the board. I'm using a copy'd version of a working application so I do not believe the pin configurations are incorrect.

If I use application A, I can reprogram indefinitely. If I use application B (which is a copy of A with some different commands), I can only program one time.

My segger output is:

Opening project file [C:\Users\mxoperator\Desktop\SVN Checked Out Stuff\SRW\bin\Debug\Firmware\SRW_SETUP.jflash] ...
    - Project opened successfully
    Connecting ...
    - Connecting via USB to J-Link device 0
    - ERROR: STM32: Connecting to CPU via connect under reset failed.
    - Target interface speed: 200 kHz (Auto)
    - VTarget = 3.446V
    - ERROR: Failed to connect.
    Could not establish a connection to target.
  • Hi,

Could you please give me further information on your setup by answering the following questions?:

Are you using an evalboard or custom hardware?

I'm unable to program the board using J-Flash again. If I use J-Flash lite OR a portable programmer, I'm able to reprogram the board

Which version of the J-Link software & documentation pack are you using? Does this issue also occur with the most recent version?
    I assume you are using the same debug probe with J-Flash and J-Flash lite, correct?
    What are referring to with the term "portable programmer"? A Flasher Portable? A third-party product?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

thanks for updating the thread and good to hear that you are up and running again!

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.