[SOLVED] NXP MAC57D54H

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] NXP MAC57D54H

I am trying to connect to a NXP (Freescale) MAC57D54H part with a Segger J-Link Ultra+ in J-Link Commander. I'm having trouble (see log below). I think it may be because there are 3 cores inside of the SOC (ARM Cortex A5, M4, M0+). Is there something wrong with my syntax? I am trying to connect to the M4 core, but haven't had luck debugging any core. I can tell that the CPU is running.

NXP's page lists Segger products under Software & Tools:
    nxp.com/products/microcontroll…play-management:MAC57D5xx

Type "connect" to establish a target connection, '?' for help
    J-Link>connect
    Please specify device / core. <Default>: Unspecified
    Type '?' for selection dialog
    Device>?
    Please specify target interface:
    J) JTAG (Default)
    S) SWD
    TIF>J
    Device position in JTAG chain (IRPre,DRPre) <Default>: -1,-1 => Auto-detect
    JTAGConf>
    Specify target interface speed [kHz]. <Default>: 4000 kHz
    Speed>
    Device "CORTEX-M4" selected.

TotalIRLen = 4, IRPrint = 0x01
    AP-IDR: 0x64770001, Type: AHB-AP
    AHB-AP ROM: 0xFFFFFFFC (Base addr. of first ROM table)

****** Error: Error while identifying Cortex-M core.
    Cannot connect to target.
    J-Link>
  • Hi Cody,

thanks for your inquiry.

When using auto-detection, J-Link usually only searches the first AHB-AP for the selected core. ARM Coresight in theory allows to walk through the APs until a matching core is found or the end of the list is reached but in reality this does not work due to different "interpretations" of the Coresight standard in the various devices out there. Many devices crash instead of returning "end of list reached".

I created a J-Link script file which selects the correct AHB-AP (3) for the Cortex-M4.
    Since we currently do not have a MAC57D54HEVB board here, this J-Link script file is not tested at all and comes without any warranty or support.
    How to use script files: Please refer to the J-Link User Guide (UM08001), chapter "J-Link script files"

More examples for J-Link script files can be found in the wiki:
    wiki.segger.com/IMX6DQ#Multi-c….2F_QuadCore_Cortex-A9.29
    wiki.segger.com/IMX7D
    wiki.segger.com/RZ/G1#RZ.2FG1_Dual_core_debugging

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Files
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Cody,

thanks for the feedback!
    Good to hear that you are up and running.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.