Sectors of R5F5210 (RX210 core) / flasher Arm

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sectors of R5F5210 (RX210 core) / flasher Arm

Hi,
    I bought a flasher Arm programmer to upload two srecord files. One of these files contains data from 0xFF7FC000 to 0xFF7FFFF addresses. And, this range of addresses is not reachable from jflash software.
    Could you update your software to fixe this issue or should I use a Renesas emulator?
    For your information, I will use the FINE bus.
    best regards,
  • Hi,

0xFF000000 - 0xFFFFFFFF is external flash (CS0) which can only be used in "On-chip ROM disabled extended mode"

In "Single-chip mode" (default)the internal flash is available at 0xFFF00000 - 0xFFFFFFFF.

Do you want to program internal Flash or external Flash?
    If you intend to program external Flash, could you please provide us with the complete name of the external flash you are using?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    thank you for your prompt answer, but when I read the user's manual of RX210group "r01uh0037ej0150_rx210.pdf", the sector from @xff7fc000 to @xff7fffff, which is the user boot area (On chip ROM), is programmable.
    I must program this area. Is the flasher arm able to do that by the FINE bus?
    best regards.