SystemView on OSX while debugging

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SystemView on OSX while debugging

This is my first time trying to get SystemView up and running. My target is the M4 core of a dual core LPC4350. We've got a custom OS so I'll have to instrument it myself. However, taking baby steps, I'm just trying to make a SystemView connection with the target after calling SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf() to prove that it works. I've been struggling to get it connected but think I just figured out the trick - after downloading the code via debugger to the target and running the target, stop the debugger, then start SystemView. This makes a connection. All other things I've tried while running the debugger don't seem to work.

Is it possible to debug and run SystemView simultaneously on OSX? I saw an older post that seems to indicate this is an issue. If this is an issue, +1 on the feature request if it is possible to implement. If it should be working please let me know how to make it work.

Setup:
    Eclipse Neon.2 CDT with GNU ARM Eclipse.
    OSX 10.11.6.
    JTrace Pro.
    LPC4350 target.
    JLink GDB Server V6.12i.
    SystemView V2.40d.

Thanks for you help.
    -Kevin
  • Hi,

In general there shouldn't be a problem in using parallel connections to J-Link on macOS anymore.
    Do you get an error message in SystemView or the debugger when you connect both?

This might be related to your target device, which needs special handling to be able to connect to it and then might break the debugger connection.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.