[SOLVED] wjraw returning malformed response

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] wjraw returning malformed response

I have upgraded to the latest FW and still see the following issue when using the l-link commander window. When I use wjraw to shift 8 bits, I'm getting a 4 bit answer back if the upper 4 bits are 0. This also happens when I ask for 32 bits back and this data is in the middle. Please see the log below:

J-Link>rtap
    J-Link>wjraw 4,2,0
    TDO: F
    J-Link>wjraw 8,00,00
    TDO: 77
    J-Link>wjraw 8,00,00
    TDO: 4 <--- 4 bits only
    J-Link>wjraw 8,00,00
    TDO: A0
    J-Link>wjraw 8,00,00
    TDO: 4B
    J-Link>
    J-Link>
    J-Link>
    J-Link>rtap
    J-Link>wjraw 4,2,0
    TDO: F
    J-Link>wjraw 32,00000000,00000000
    TDO: 4BA0477 <--- missing bits
    J-Link>

Can anybody comment on whether this is a bug, expected behavior, has a config option somewhere, etc.?
  • Hi,

I will try to reproduce this issue later this week.
    While this looks like an error in J-Link Commander at first glance, could you please tell me which J-Link model+version and which target device you use?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

sorry for the delay in response.

This issue will be fixed in the next version of the J-Link software & documentation pack (beta).

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

this issue has been fixed in version 6.14c of the J-Link software & documentation pack.

Does this version work for you?

Best regards,
    Niklas