[SOLVED] JLink Remote Server Restartproblems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink Remote Server Restartproblems

Hi,

I am using a J-Link EDU with the Remoteserver in Tunnel Mode. I am using the current JLink version V6.12i on Ubuntu 16.04 and Mac OS X 10.9.5.
    I have faced some problems during the restart of the server. The error did not occure with version V6.10m.

If I start the Remoteserver in Tunneling mode (-UseTunnel) the frist time, everything works perfectly. I am able to connect with a client and can debug my device.
    After I closed the connection, I am not able to restart the Remotserver again. The Remoteserver keeps repeating following message:

JLinkRemoteServer -UseTunnel
    SEGGER J-Link Remote Server V6.12i
    Compiled Feb 3 2017 15:27:42

'q' to quit '?' for help

Connected to J-Link with S/N 269302065

Resolving host name (jlink.segger.com)... O.K.
    Tunnel server IP: 85.114.137.111
    Connecting to tunnel server... Error -3. Failed to register at tunnel
    server.
    Resolving host name (jlink.segger.com)... O.K.
    Connecting to tunnel server... Error -3. Failed to register at tunnel
    server.Resolving host name (jlink.segger.com)... O.K.

On the Linux computer, it is possible to restart the connection after a few minutes. But the Mac has to be rebooted, to reconnect to the tunnelserver.

Is this an issue from the current build or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Flavio
  • Hi Flavio,

thanks for pointing this out.
    We will take a look at this and update this thread later today.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Flavio and Forum,

I am sorry for not updating the thread earlier.
    This issue is fixed with release version V6.12j (and later) and beta version V6.13f (and later) of the J-Link software & documentation pack.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.