[ABANDONED] RAMcode timeout when erasing EM357

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] RAMcode timeout when erasing EM357

Hi,

I have a IAR J-Link ARM V8 with J-Link V6.12g installed.
    I have been trying to do an erase or image flash manually to EM357 using J-Link.exe, however, i keep getting a "RAMcode did not respond in time" error. Error code -5.

I am able to halt/step through the CPU, read the register/memory. So I think the JTAG connection should be alright.

I thing I notice is in the message log, when I do a erase command, the follow log message appear:

T5A04 085:845 JLINK_EraseChip()Old firmware which does not support pausing periodic actions during flash download -- -------------------------------------- -- Start of determining dirty areas -- End of determining dirty areas -- Start of preparing flash programming -- Calculating RAM usage -- RAM usage = 5716 Bytes -- Preserving CPU registers -- Preparing memory -- Determining CPU clock frequency -- Preparing target -- Downloading RAMCode -- Checking target RAM -- Preparing RAMCode
    -- End of preparing flash programming -- CPU speed could not be measured. -- Start of erasing sectors -- Erasing range 0x08000000 - 0x08007FFF (016 Sectors, 32 KB)
    ***** Error: Timeout while erasing sectors, RAMCode did not respond in time -- End of erasing sectors -- Start of restoring -- Restoring RAMCode -- Restore target -- Restore memory -- Restoring CPU registers -- End of restoring
    -- Total time needed: 10.054s (Prepare: 0.037s, Compare: 0.000s, Erase: 10.005s, Program: 0.000s, Verify: 0.000s, Restore: 0.012s) returns -5 (10059ms, 10267ms total)

"Old firmware which does not support pausing periodic actions during flash download". I don't know if it is related.
    JLink_log.txt
    Attached is the log of the operation

I need help on issue. Thank you

Ricky Chau
  • Hi Ricky,

does this issue occur when using an eval board or custom hardware?
    The log file seems to be truncated, for example I do not see any entry mentioning which device was selected, however a device has been selected, otherwise the download to flash would not start at all.
    Could you please tell me the exact name of the device you are using?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.