[SOLVED] Jlink initialization problem with MSP432 Launchpad development board

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink initialization problem with MSP432 Launchpad development board

The Segger Jlink JTAG probe is not working with a 'factory fresh' TI MSP432 development board (MSP-EXP432P401R) ti.com/tool/MSP-EXP432P401R.

Error reported by JLinkExe is: Connecting to target...ERROR: InitTarget(): PCode returned with error code -1

If the MSP432 development board is first used with the TI on-board XDS 110 JTAG pod (integrated on the EXP432 board), then Jlink starts working. I have tried this with three different Jlink probes, have tried various Jlink software versions from as far back as July through current release (including the beta release) and over 10 different TI EXP432 boards. I recently purchased a new batch of EXP432 boards that have production MSP432 silicon. All boards I received initially failed to run with the Segger JLink probe. After I ran these boards with the TI XDS JTAG pod (including loading a simple test program using Code Composer Suite), all worked with the JLink pod. My older boards started working with the Jlink probes after the same procedure as well.
  • Hi Dan,

We received the same request via e-mail. We got back to you in the e-mail thread. We will update this thread once the case is closed.

- Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • We have already found the root cause of the issue and fixed it internally. A new version including this fix is planned to be available within the next few days.

If you would like to be notified about the availability of new versions, please feel free to subscribe to the J-Link Software and Update notification system:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

Best regards
    Erik

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Forum,

this issue has been resolved with V6.12j of the J-Link software & documentation pack.

Best regards,
    Niklas