Using SVD file from emStudio on GNU/Linux

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Using SVD file from emStudio on GNU/Linux

Using emStudio on GNU/Linux and I can't figure out how to add an SVD file to be able to view the memory map of different peripherals. I saw one other post related to this, but I can't see the options mentioned in that post.

Also, on some buttons/widget when clicked I get a "No Editor" pop-up - can anyone explain this? Am I supposed to specify an external editor somewhere?
  • Hi,

To enable display of peripheral registers in the registers window, you can set the project option Register Definition File at Debugger -> Debugging.
    This can be in either the embedded Studio XML format or an SVD file.

Could you provide more details on the "No Editor" pop-up?
    When does it show up? Where does it show up?

Regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Ok, I found the SVD option:

Project -> Edit options -> Debugging -> Debugger -> Register definition file. In this field you can point to the SVD file and it will work automatically. Cheers for that!

For the "No editors" pop-up, if I click the "black buttons/labels" in the main view, e.g. Project Explorer, Source Navigator, Output and similar I get a pop-up saying "No editors". Just curios what that is, and if Im supposed to define an external editor somewhere.
  • Hi,

Okay, now I get your question.
    What you can do in Embedded Studio is, you can move any file to any dock, which will open it there for editing.
    In this case, the Label like "Project Explorer" is replaced with the files opened in the editor of this dock.
    If no files are in a dock (which is the standard) it will display this information on click on the label.
    We might remove this one to not cause further confusion.

Regards
    Johannes

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• I'v added .svd file from freescale k26 as a register description but it does not add any new CPU groups in register view. I'v added that file to the project as a register description and it still does not work. I'v added .xml from k26 package and it worked. But I want to use .svd because I'm using CPU that has no support in .xml. SES is 3.12
  • Hi,

When you point the project option Debugging -> Debugger -> Register definition file to your .svd file it will work as with the Embedded Studio .xml files.
    I do not see a problem with the MK26F18.svd

Regards
    Johannes