SystemView and FreeRTOS 9.0

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SystemView and FreeRTOS 9.0

Are there any plans to release a version of SystemView that is compatible with FreeRTOS 9.0 in the near future? I have tried adapting the patch for version 8.2.3 but I always end up with errors that lead to the system being unstable.

thank you
    Keith
  • Hi Keith,

I'm using freeRTOS version 9.0.0 with Systemview v2.42. I did exactly the same as you: I looked through the patch file, and carefully worked through the changes into FreeRTOS. For the most part it works "out of the box", but systemview doesn't 'see' the activity of the scheduler: there are just blank portions (idle) when the scheduler is running. The modifications to the RTOS source fix that issue (specifically detecting when ISRs exit to the scheduler).

See attached the modified file set: changes are tagged with the comment "modification for support of SystemView Profiler"

Hope this helps,

Henry
    Files
    • freertos.zip

(75.76 kB, downloaded 829 times, last: )
  • RE: FreeRTOS 9.0.0 patches

maximevince wrote:

I have attached a .patch file with the required changes for the GCC/ARM_CM0 and GCC/ARM_CM4F port for FreeRTOS 9.0.0.

0001-Patch-FreeRTOS-9-for-Segger-SystemView.patch.txt

BR,
    Maxime
    I manually applied the patch and I can confirm it worked. My setup is Cortex-M7 with FreeRTOS 9.0.0.

Segger should just take this patch and include it in the bundle. Thanks for the providing patch! :thumbsup: