Jlink will not load Flash properly on Atmel Studio 7

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jlink will not load Flash properly on Atmel Studio 7

I run a Jlink with Atmel Studio 7.

I loaded the latest Segger software package about a week ago and it fixed a problem with the J-Link not conencting to the target at all.

It has now started NOT programming the target device flash properly when I debug.

It may or may not do it and there is less than a 50% chance that it will.

When I check the memory, Whole blocks are not programmed and seem to just be 0xff.

I have set it to compare and also verify by reading back but that seems to also not do anything and does not show any errors.

The device to debug is an Atmel ATSAM4N8C

When I press run and it does not work, the dialog box showing the Flash loading ersasing progress just flashes shortly.
    I can then debug by stepping into the frimware etc but then it will step into an unprogrammed flash section and crash.

The problem did not happen a lot at first but has increased in frequency to the point of making it hard to get it to debug at all.
    It now takes multiple attempts to get it to work correctly

J-Link Information

Debug host 127.0.0.1
    Debug port 55794
    Serial number 123456
    Connection com.atmel.avrdbg.connection.segger
    Firmware Version J-Link compiled Feb 20 2006 18:20:20 -- Update --.
    Hardware Revision 3.0
    DLL Version 6.12a
    Compiled 16.44.39 on Dec 2 2016

Can anyone help perhaps?
  • Hi,

Can you please send us a J-Link log file of a session where the issue pops up and provide us with the information in which area no data have been programmed although they should have been programmed?
    HowTo enable the J-Link log file? wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.