LCD display driver

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• LCD display driver

hello
    after reviewing the RM i need some answers to several basic questions

i have a LS013B7DH03 connected to a EFM32TG210F32

i am currently working on a project (in simplicity studio) which is able to write to the LCD , and i want to integrate the emwin

i wanted to know if the emwin functions only writes to a frambuffer that i need to manage manualy and after the emwin fills this buffer, i need to manually write this buffer to the screen?
    or the emwin knows how to writes directly to the LCD (using its own driver like GUIDRV_LIN_1 in my case)?
    if so, emwin needs to configure the pins and ports connected to the LCD (EXCOMIN, CS, SCLK etc), where are these configurations?

please explain the mechanism of how it works

thank you
  • Hello,

We have already a suitable driver for your display. Take a look here:
    segger.com/emwin-guidrv-sh-mem.html

You need to set up the interface for communicating with the LCD (and set function pointers which will get called by emWin) and initialize the LCD properly. Once this is done emWin will manage the data written to the LCD.
    Regards,
    Sven
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • LCD display driver

as i mentioned before, my application is able to write to the lcd so i have already initialized the LCD and the interface is already set up right?
    please explain what you said "set function pointers which will get called by emWin":
    1) which functions?
    2)can you give an example to a function and how will emwin call it (which emwin function)
    can you please explain in more details the steps?
    is there an example of how to configure these?

The post was edited 2 times, last by roinovi ().