[SOLVED] JlinkGDBserver with Flasher PPC on SPC560

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JlinkGDBserver with Flasher PPC on SPC560

For development on a powerpc SPC560 platform I use the Flasher PPC for flash programming, memory inspection and register dumps. This works all fine through the JLinkExe tool, but I have problems getting JLinkGDBserver to work.

It seems that connecting to the target goes fine, but then the program exist with the message

Source Code

1. Connecting to target...ERROR: Device family is not supported by GDBServer.
    2. ERROR: Could not connect to target.

The JLink user manual says about the Flasher PPC that "the flasher has all the J-link functionality"

Am I simply out of luck here, is gdbserver really not supported for this target?

Thank you,

The post was edited 1 time, last by zevv ().

• Hi,

J-Link GDB Server does not support PowerPC Cores. A list of cores supported by J-Link GDB Server is provided on the J-Link GDB Server webpage.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.