[SOLVED] Jlink works in IAR and not in Atollic

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink works in IAR and not in Atollic

As the topic title.
    I updated segger-jlink to the last stable release (currently is the JLink_V610l).
    IAR is able to connect and erase the microcontroller, Atollic is not.
    Further information: the micro is an NXP KL82
    Any hint?
    I can provide some logs if need.

Best regards,
    C.

edit:
    The 5.5.1 version of Atollic True studio was working fine with v. 601c; then after upgrading to 610l I had the troubles.
    Further information:
    if I try to connect with Jflash.exe and perform a readback of the flash, I got an error

"Timeout while checking target RAM, RAMCode did not respond in time.
    Failed to execute RAMCode fro RAM Check!
    Failed to read back target memory."

The post was edited 2 times, last by catosh ().

• I have further information to share.
    Jflash v6.10l is not able to read back the flash of the microcontroller.
    Anyway I am able to connect (on athoer pc) and read back the flash with the Jlink v5.41n(beta).

Any hint would be very appreciated.
    B.R.
    C.
  • Hi,

We have fixed something which causes the described behavior in V6.10n of the J-Link software.
    Extract from the release notes:
    - DLL: Under special circumstances, flash programming did not work for NXP (Freescale) KL82 series devices. Fixed.

Updating to the latest version V6.12a should already solve the behavior you are seeing. Can you please quick check and confirm this?
    The latest version is available for download here: segger.com/jlink-software.html

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for the udpate and confirming that this is solved in the latest version of the J-Link software.

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.