Device Side setup for EmWinSPY

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Device Side setup for EmWinSPY

Hi,

I'm interested in getting EmWinSPY working with my application (over RTT), but can't find any examples or documentation. In the EmWin documentation I see:
    GUI_SPY_X_StartServer
    The challenge of the routine is creating a task which executes the actual server GUI_SPY_Process(). The way how that could be achieved depends on the used communication method.
    Example
    emWin comes with a ready to use sample for that function. It could be found in the sample folder:
    Sample\GUI_X\GUI_SPY_X_StartServer.c
    I don't see that sample in the EmWin trial version, nor in the SPY application download. Can I find examples for the device side SPY somewhere? Particularly the RTT implementation (I already have RTT running on the target).

Thanks,

Henry
  • Hello Henry,

attached is the file (GUI_SPY_X_StartServer.c). Since RTT is already running all you need to do is adding the file to your project, configure it and call GUI_SPY_X_StartServer().

I guess you don't use a TCP connection so you have to set the define USE_TCP to 0. Inside the function GUI_SPY_X_StartServer() we create a task with embOS. Depending on the operating system (if using one) you use you have to adapt this, too.

Regards,
    Sven
    Files
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.