[SOLVED] XMC 4700 Relax Kit - connect to running target

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] XMC 4700 Relax Kit - connect to running target

Hi,

I am using an Infineon Relax kit with an XMC 4700 processor and an on board J-Link Lite Debugger.

I am trying to connect to a running target. But whenever I issue the connect command in the J- Link SW the target gets hard reset over the #RESET line (presumly driven by the jlink chip).

My understanding is, that the default jlink behavior is not to reset the target on connect. Is this different for jlink lite … or is there something that I do not quite get right ?

Best Regards
    Stephan
  • Hi Stephan,

do i understand you correctly, that you are just use the connect command in J-Link Commander (jlink.exe)?
    You are using the J-Link with the S/N specified during your forum registration, correct?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Stephan,

the default behavior of the J-Link software is to always reset the XMC device before a connect because attaching turned out to be unreliable with the XMC series.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.